Instructions to Presenters
Presenters should consider the following information.
PLEASE OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES WHEN CREATING YOUR PRESENTATION:
– you should use the powerpoint slide template provided for you here.
– if you decide to include videos in your slides, we recommend that these videos last no longer than 40 seconds.
Please use Windows-based PowerPoint-2013 to prepare your slides or ensure that they are working properly when opened with this version.
We will be screening at aspect ratio: 4:3. Please optimize your slides and videos for these projector settings.
Audio is welcome. If you use audio in your slides, please have it encoded in mp3 format.
Video files are also welcome. However, we can only accept video material encoded in WMV (do NOT use QuickTime (.mov) or other formats). QuickTime movies do not play in PowerPoint on Windows!
Do not hesitate to contact the Fast Forward organizer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions. If you are unable to attend the Fast Forward, please let us know as soon as possible.
Full Paper Presentation
Please keep in mind that presentations should be no longer than 20 minutes to give time for introductions, connecting your portable
and questions at the end of the talk. A Projector will be available using the Aspect Ratio 4:3 with a VGA or HDMI connection (we are planning to have a handful of HDMI / VGA converter plugs).
We will connect you to your session chair.
- Sent your details as a presenter (including bio) by filling in the provided google spreadsheet?
- Sent us your slides for the fast forward via the email provided?
Creation of your poster
The poster boards are able to take an A0 portrait poster. An A0 landscape poster will not fit on these boards.
When/where to put up your poster
- Please make sure your poster is fixed to the board by late Monday afternoon and in any case before the Poster session.
- We advise that posters are put up as soon as you arrive for the main conference.
- The poster Presentation Party will be held Tuesday afternoon.
- Please put your poster on the board as indicated by the labels on the boards.
- You will need to stay by your poster through the Poster Party.
- We cannot guarantee the availability of power sockets close to the boards – thus we advise that if you are coming with a laptop demonstration to support your poster presentation that your laptop battery is fully charged.
When to take down your poster
Please take your poster down on Friday morning, before the conference ends.